History: First opened in as a clay oval in 1952 by its namesake, E.A. Boyd. Operated as a paved track from 1962 through 1976, with several NASCAR legends such as the Allisons and the Pettys making laps and scoring victories here. Converted back to dirt track in 1977.

Through the years Boyd’s has seen several owners and promoters, including the founders son Butch Boyd. Boyd’s has also had it’s name changed many times: (Chattanooga International Raceway, Chattanooga Raceway Park, Tennessee-Georgia Speedway, Stateline Speedway, Tennessee Georgia Raceway), but it seems the original name was favored by the racers and fans no matter what official name it wore at the time. That’s why when the track was purchased in 2006 by George Shaw and Russ Ruskin the Boyd’s name was again used, and the Harveys have chosen to go with the sentimental favorite for the same reason as well as D&M Motorsports LLC.